Tuesday 7 July 2009

The Post op SARPE process!


So remember the metal torture device I spoke about earlier! Well 8 days after my operation I had an appointment with my orthodontist. As you can see, the swelling had gone down quite a bit in just a week!

As you will see from the picture I have a small gap in my teeth following my appointment. The torture device came with a teeny weeny spanner which at my appointment my orthodontist placed on the metal bar and turned twice. before my very eyes my front teeth started to part and a gap formed before my very eyes......I could actually see them moving!

This was the start of the palate expansion and I was told to turn the spanner twice in the morning and twice at night.....As I used the spanner the metal bar lengthened and my palate widened!

This may sound crazy, but I was so ready for the whole process that I actually looked forward to turning the spanner. I knew I was looking worse every day but I new it was all my decision and for a good reason! Positive mental attitude as they say!

My orthodontist told me that the gap would get to a size that I could fit a pound coin in.......at the time this seemed quite big but lets just say I was in for a shock!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment